What's new

GT-Ax6000 use a LAN port as WAN

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

As i have no stability issue on the Merlin, i am not going to reset my router. it's will take so mach time to redo everything
Instead, i am going to submit a request ticket to ASUS , see if they can add this feature to GT-AX6000.
Two 2.5G LAN feature should be a quite attractive to potential customer
That's what the ax16000 is aimed at (2x10GBe LAN). ASUS needs its product segmentation.

Did you find any solution for this ?
I plan to upgrade my AC68U to this model and it's a bit disapointing to not be able to use 2.5g ports for LAN purpose...

Yes, on a 1G fiber connection, it can be usefull to use a Gigabit port as WAN to free the 2 2.5G ports for LAN side (between a NAS and a PC for exemple !)

Yes, on a 1G fiber connection, it can be usefull to use a Gigabit port as WAN to free the 2 2.5G ports for LAN side (between a NAS and a PC for exemple !)
Im looking to do this too and save me from buying a 2.5g switch. Idealy, Primary WAN as LAN4 and Secondary WAN as USB (I have an Android phone as backup). Ill try out the latest ASUS (stable and beta) and Merlin beta firmwares.
Merlin version 386.7_2, 388.1_beta3_rog, and ASUS 300438821617 (no beta avaliable) say the "WAN port should be selected in Dual WAN"

Last edited:
Too bad...
Thanks for your tests ! I will keep an eye on changelog, just in case.

Good thing I dont need the switch now and hopefully this is a doable change, if not, Ill just pull the trigger.