What's new

Solved GT-AX6000 Write Protected aka Borked

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

@RMerlin
The first set still returned the read-only error.
I then did the second set, and got no error message.
Not sure what procedure to do next, but willing to do whatever you suggest.

EDIT:
Without too much testing, it appears that the Read-Only error has been fixed, and the only issue is a dhcp rebuild or better a complete "Restore"?

Last edited:
I think the best solution would be to RMA the device...

I don't think this is a common issue, and likely not a bug in UBI/UBIFS..
Ferris.jpg

You doubting boy. I'm disappointed in your lack of faith in the Brain Power of This Forum (RMerlin Specifically)!
RMerlin accepted the challenge and succeeded! Although, @Viktor Jaep certainly has a script in development to De-Griswald the router!

Without too much testing, it appears that the Read-Only error has been fixed, and the only issue is a dhcp rebuild or better a complete "Restore"?
If you had a backup you should be fine uploading it. The issue was the filesystem, not the file content themselves.

Glad that it worked out - one less piece of e-waste in a landfill.

RMerlin accepted the challenge and succeeded!
All the credit goes to Asus' engineers there. I just had a feeling it was recoverable through software, and that they would know how to do so since the necessary ubi tools were already available in the firmware.

All the credit goes to Asus' engineers there. I just had a feeling it was recoverable through software, and that they would know how to do so since the necessary ubi tools were already available in the firmware.
Thanks for sharing those instructions, @RMerlin ... those are considered "gold"! Will be keeping these in a safe spot!
RMerlin accepted the challenge and succeeded! Although, @Viktor Jaep certainly has a script in development to De-Griswald the router!
BACKUPMON to the rescue!!! :)

Thanks for sharing those instructions, @RMerlin ... those are considered "gold"! Will be keeping these in a safe spot!
Make sure to determine the volume ID through ubinfo first, as it may change between models. The size might also potentially vary between models.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!