What's new

GT-AXE 16000 dropping Guest Network connection when playing specific PC Game

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ThatGuyinNC

Occasional Visitor
Hello all, I have a VERY odd (at least to me), situation on my home network. I have a PC that is hardlined to an ET12 which is then ethernet backhauled to my GT AXE 16000 via CAT 6. I have 1 other ET12 which I run with a wireless backhaul and an XT8 which is also wireless backhauled. I am on version 3.0.0.4.388_22237 on the GTAXE16000, version 3.0.0.4.388_22127 on the ET12s and 3.0.0.4.388_22068 on the XT8. I have multiple devices, including my RING devices and alarm connected to a guest network that has a separate 2.4ghz connection to the GT AXE 16000. I wanted to keep these on a separate network to prevent others from seeing the devices and to isolate from my internal network. All work great EXCEPT when I go to play 1 particular PC game, Automobilista 2. It is the most odd thing I have ever seen, I have no issues with any other game, or any other device. It seems like as soon as I start the game, I get the notification my ring alarm has gone offline, then followed by the remainder of the ring devices connected to my guest network. I have been trying to figure out what could be making the guest network drop, but I can still see it when I have the game up, I just cannot connect to it. I have isolated the event on my system log and it looks as though the guest network stops accepting the authentication from my devices. As soon as I exit the game, the guest network comes back to life and my ring devices come back online, like nothing happened.

Has anyone seen anything remotely close to this? I have attached the system log with the incident isolated, I believe. This has definitely got me bewildered. Any experts out there have any experience with this? I am thinking that I may have to move my system over to the main 2.4ghz SSID, but would prefer to understand what is happening here and if it's a bug or if it's something I could fix.

Thanks all! I appreciate any advice on this issue!

Attachments

• syslog.txt
    15.2 KB · Views: 38
Where did you get the game? Did you purchase an official disc or download, or did you download through bittorrent?
Sorry, it has to be asked.

Valid question indeed! I downloaded from steam and purchased there as well. All my games are steam platform so don’t think it’s a factor. I wish I could understand what exactly is being written in the log but my network lingo is not up to speed with ASUSTeK.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!