What's new

GT-AXE11000 as aimesh node

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

AustinMinton

New Around Here
I have an Aimesh setup with 4x GT AC 5300 working well (main router same too). I am looking to install a GT-AXE11000 as aimesh node (not main). Would I be able to use the extra band for 6e devices or will it be useless? Currently I am using seperate ssid for each band and all nodes on ethernet backhaul.

Due to its location I cant use it as the primary router.

Thanks in advance.

Overpriced model with one mostly unusable band. Older generation AX router and a complete mismatch to what you have.

Your routers are on End-of-Life list now. No more firmware updates and security fixes. If you really need so many APs - there are better options than AiMesh with home routers. Going forward explore Ethernet options with small business equipment with PoE switch and PoE powered access points instead. Ubiquiti UniFi and TP-Link Omada are lower priced systems suitable for home installations. Both have wireless mesh options for hard to reach places as well as ceiling, wall plate, outdoor application APs. More networking knowledge needed to setup and can be more expensive, but better long term solution.

If you like Asus routers, a good router to look into at this time is the GT-AX6000. Some people complain about they way it looks but it does seem like a solid router. I honestly don't care how they look but your significant other might say something :)

Either way you might want to look for more info for this router.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!