What's new

GT-AXE11000 - is there any built-in speed test?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

stroper

Occasional Visitor
Hello there!
I setup GT-AXE11000 last night and it came up with latest firmware version. I have ATT 1G speed internet and got BGW320-505 model modem. I was able to utilize 2.5G port on modem with GT-AXE11000 and was able to setup link aggregation with port 1 and 4 by connecting port 4 of router to ATT modem port 2. I have connected my laptop (network card has max 1G speed) to the router LAN port and I was able to get~850Mbps download and ~900Mbps upload speed. Of course, ATT tech told me that they are overprovisioning more than 1GB speed for selected areas and I should be able to get that speed if I have supported desktop with high speed network card.

I am just wondering, is there any built-in speed test available in the router that I can check internet speed? Thanks.

Hello there!
I setup GT-AXE11000 last night and it came up with latest firmware version. I have ATT 1G speed internet and got BGW320-505 model modem. I was able to utilize 2.5G port on modem with GT-AXE11000 and was able to setup link aggregation with port 1 and 4 by connecting port 4 of router to ATT modem port 2. I have connected my laptop (network card has max 1G speed) to the router LAN port and I was able to get~850Mbps download and ~900Mbps upload speed. Of course, ATT tech told me that they are overprovisioning more than 1GB speed for selected areas and I should be able to get that speed if I have supported desktop with high speed network card.

I am just wondering, is there any built-in speed test available in the router that I can check internet speed? Thanks.
not sure but there are plenty of them on google.

Asus added a built-in speedtest in Asuswrt a few months ago. Newer firmware releases for the GT-AXE11000 should also have it. However at those kind of speed where the CPU might become a bottleneck, you are better running a speed test from a desktop instead of from the router itself.

@RMerlin Thank you so much for the update. My laptop doesn't have RJ-45 port. So, I have used Tp-Link RJ-45 to USB C adapter but it max at 1GB. My brother has Tp-Link AX11000 and it does have built-in speed test. I am new to ASUS router family. Does the asuswrt is something that I have to download or available as firmware from asus? Thanks!

I understand that. I am getting weird slow speeds from AXE11000 router. However, speed tests directly from ATT modem always shows speeds above 900Mbps. So, I am wondering whether the router is actually getting that ISP advertised speed or not. So that I can understand whether the problem is with the router or not.

You already measured ~900Mbps wired when connected to the router. What speed is slow?

From what I was told, the GT-AXE11000 isn't running off the latest Asuswrt codebase yet, so the Speedtest might be missing on the official firmware's webui. If so, it should eventually be added as this model gets on the same codebase as other recent models.

From what I was told, the GT-AXE11000 isn't running off the latest Asuswrt codebase yet, so the Speedtest might be missing on the official firmware's webui. If so, it should eventually be added as this model gets on the same codebase as other recent models.
A new router firmware update was shown up in the portal and it's now shows an option for Speed test under QoS.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    170.9 KB · Views: 213

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!