What's new

GT-AXE16000: mapping of ethX log entries to physical ports

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

aublumberg

Regular Contributor
I have some intermittent disconnections and am trying to see if there is anything in the logs.

Noob question: How do I map log entries referring to eth0, eth7 etc. to the physical ports of the AXE16000? Is there a diagram that shows the mapping or somewhere in the management console I can see the mapping? Thanks! (Have used forum search but not been successful)

I have some intermittent disconnections and am trying to see if there is anything in the logs.

Noob question: How do I map log entries referring to eth0, eth7 etc. to the physical ports of the AXE16000? Is there a diagram that shows the mapping or somewhere in the management console I can see the mapping? Thanks! (Have used forum search but not been successful)

Nah just plug and unplug one port at a time til you've mapped them out. In the CLI you can look at ifconfig and brctl to get some hints too

Thanks. Do the ethX assignments change with every router reboot or are they static?

They're static. A few may be wireless interfaces, it depends on the model whether they're named eth or something else. The wan port will probably be eth0.. some models the LAN ports are backwards so 1-4 physical will be eth 4-1. Someone may have mapped it out already but that is a newer less common model so less likely. Easy enough to figure out.

Here we go ...

Screenshot 2023-10-20 at 19.04.23.png

And eth10 - 2.4GHz
eth8 - 5GHz#2
eth7 - 5GHz#1
eth9 - 6GHz

Everything is static, eth number doesn't change.

Assuming WAN is probably ETH0 too. That one wasn't marked on the picture. A quick unplug would confirm that (in the log or in ifconfig).

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!