What's new

Guest network not working on my nodes

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Avi16000

New Around Here
Hardware I'm using - 1 GT-AXE16000, 3 ZenWifi ET12 - Connected by CAT 7
Firmware - AXE16000 Run the latest Merlin firmware (388.1_rog), the ET12 runs the latest Asus firmware (3.0.0.4.388_21739-g3068dbd)

Description of the problem -
No matter what I've tried to do, the node is not sharing the wifi signal of the guest network.
I've tried to set up any of the 3rd different networks under the Guest Network tab, I've set up with and without Intranet, and I've set up All AiMesh Nodes under 'Guest network on AiMesh' - nothing seems to work.

What I'm trying to achieve -
To have 1 wifi without Intranet, If you can recommend me another way to achieve it, I would be really happy.

Please help me and tell me how I can resolve this issue, thank you for your help!

Hardware I'm using - 1 GT-AXE16000, 3 ZenWifi ET12 - Connected by CAT 7
Firmware - AXE16000 Run the latest Merlin firmware (388.1_rog), the ET12 runs the latest Asus firmware (3.0.0.4.388_21739-g3068dbd)

Description of the problem -
No matter what I've tried to do, the node is not sharing the wifi signal of the guest network.
I've tried to set up any of the 3rd different networks under the Guest Network tab, I've set up with and without Intranet, and I've set up All AiMesh Nodes under 'Guest network on AiMesh' - nothing seems to work.

What I'm trying to achieve -
To have 1 wifi without Intranet, If you can recommend me another way to achieve it, I would be really happy.

Please help me and tell me how I can resolve this issue, thank you for your help!
Do you have a managed switch between the router and nodes?

Nope , the Main router is connected to the wan port of the zenwifi et12 using the 10gb Port. (I've also tried the 1gb port)

Only Guest Network 1 will be propagated to the nodes. No point in testing any others.

Does the main WiFi network propagate to the nodes?

After flashing the RMerlin firmware, did you perform a full reset?

Have you tried using the non-ROG branded firmware (including doing a full reset afterward)?

Yes, I've tried Guest Network 1 on all Ghz options.
Yes it is
Yes, I did a full reset.
No, I've tried the ROB Branded only, should I try the non-ROG branded? the release notes is saying it is just the UI difference

I think there is some bug on the new firmware -
I've restored the original Asus firmware and I'm experiencing the same issues.
More over I've noticed that only 2.4 and the first 5 GHz are being duplicated the the nodes.

The second 5ghz network is acting the same as the guest network - they are not being showed on the nodes. (I have 3 nodes - they are all acting the same)

2 more issues I've noticed - Wifi 6 is not showing at all. Even not on my main router.

AiMesh diagram is showing wrong diagram of my lan - I've connected each one directly to the router by lan cables. And it shows like 1 node in a sub child of another node, instead of the main router.

Only Guest Network 1 will be propagated to the nodes. No point in testing any others.
My apologies for butting-in on an old thread...

Do you know if your statement applies to all AIMesh routers (Asus and/or Merlin f/w). I have a problem where I wish to block IoT devices from accessing my LAN, but some can't handle the 3 digit subnet that is applied when disabling Intranet access...

Welcome to the forums @Welly.

Yes, afaik, that still holds true.