What's new

Hard-Wired Device to Wireless Mesh Router?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

fairmarketvalue

Occasional Visitor
I have an Asus RT-AX6600 XT8 2 unit AiMesh setup. The router has a smart tv and a pc each connected by ethernet cable, in addition to connecting wirelessly to an XT8 node in a second room. The node currently supports (wirelessly) a Samsung TV with Roku. 5 GHz-2 is listed on the router as a dedicated WiFi backhaul channel. My question is whether it would make sense to connect the Samsung TV to the node via ethernet rather than wirelessly. I'm not sure this will be a meaningful benefit, but as a noobie, thought I'd ask.

The more wired capable devices you can get off the SSID's, the better.

Make sure to disable the Wi-Fi on the TV, before plugging in the Ethernet cable.

The more wired capable devices you can get off the SSID's, the better.

Make sure to disable the Wi-Fi on the TV, before plugging in the Ethernet cable.
Just to be clear, connecting the TV via ethernet to the wireless node will improve the network's performance, despite the fact that the node itself is connected wirelessly to the router, correct?

Yes, correct.

The reasons are that you will have one less wireless device on your network. The other is that the router/node's wireless capabilities surpass the TV's capabilities too.

In addition to effectively removing the node from its 'repeater' mode when streaming anything to the TV (which is a drag on the entire Wi-Fi network also).

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!