What's new

Have I had a security breach?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Skeptical.me

Very Senior Member
Any advice is very appreciated. Thanks for taking a look.

I'm very lacking in what these things are actually saying, and I'm not too sure what to look for in the routers logs. I'm not even sure the two next images are related.

0UbNmIR.png

(I don't have any device with an LAN IP 192.168.50.28)

TyDrXSM.png

I'm not sure if this is related, but, early today I made a post in the Diversion thread and my personal email was posted in my comment, I did not post that email address, so I have no idea where it came from. I have since removed it.

Host key can be changed in various scenarios. For instance, switching between Asuswrt-Merlin and stock firmware will cause it to be re-generated. This is generally nothing to be worried about, this warning is more intended to inform you that you might possibly be connected to a different server than intended.

Host key can be changed in various scenarios. For instance, switching between Asuswrt-Merlin and stock firmware will cause it to be re-generated. This is generally nothing to be worried about, this warning is more intended to inform you that you might possibly be connected to a different server than intended.

Thanks for the reassurance. I was a little worried.

Any advice is very appreciated. Thanks for taking a look.

I'm very lacking in what these things are actually saying, and I'm not too sure what to look for in the routers logs. I'm not even sure the two next images are related.

0UbNmIR.png

(I don't have any device with an LAN IP 192.168.50.28)

TyDrXSM.png

I'm not sure if this is related, but, early today I made a post in the Diversion thread and my personal email was posted in my comment, I did not post that email address, so I have no idea where it came from. I have since removed it.
You resetted your router and set the SSH server port to pesably 28. This is a normal warning, your router at 192.168.50.1 just warns you of that fact.
Also, SSH port should not be at 28. Make it a higher port like 2222 or so.

You resetted your router and set the SSH server port to pesably 28. This is a normal warning, your router at 192.168.50.1 just warns you of that fact.
Also, SSH port should not be at 28. Make it a higher port like 2222 or so.

You're correct, I just checked. But I didn't change it. I haven't ventured into the "Administration> System" section for quite awhile. Strange.

You're correct, I just checked. But I didn't change it. I haven't ventured into the "Administration> System" section for quite awhile. Strange.
I have a habit of flying over all webui settings after an update, just to be sure they're still all as I set them.
One never knows what Asus or - heaven forbid - RMerlin codes into the firmware ;)

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!