What's new

Heat issues with the 66U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

If I'm reading this page correctly I'm seeing 130 F or 55 C as a fairly constant temperature reading. You need to let it "run" for a couple of minutes.

How does that compare with everyone else?

54C pretty constant. Of course the delta between your room temp and the device temp is what dissipates the heat. i.e. if my room was 6C higher, it would be 60C.

If I'm reading this page correctly I'm seeing 130 F or 55 C as a fairly constant temperature reading. You need to let it "run" for a couple of minutes.

How does that compare with everyone else?

52-54 is what mine runs at , seems constant ,no big ups or downs . That would seem to be in the safe zone , no ? Any idea what the max temp these chips can take , and last ?

Check out this little missing page on your routers. I assume this is vestigial code from their v1 fan based board. Thought this is interesting.
http://<YOUR ROUTER IP>/Advanced_PerformanceTuning_Content.asp

or if default

http://192.168.1.1/Advanced_PerformanceTuning_Content.asp

Mine seems to be running at about 53 degrees C or so.
I felt the unit last week and it was boiling. I turned it off and back on and the temperature dropped dramatically (too bad I did not know about this page then; it would have been interesting to see what it was running at).

It will be interesting to see how it holds up this summer...
Fingers crossed!

Mine's at 54-55C, running on .246-19b firmware. Router is sitting flat on the floor (not on stand). That's with just one client connected, if that matters.

no temp reading on 252 , no choices on left , just shows graph , and at bottom bands chioce in readinfg c or f and tx .

no temp reading on 252 , no choices on left , just shows graph , and at bottom bands chioce in readinfg c or f and tx .

That page isn't maintained by Asus anymore - it's a leftover page from the pre-B1 prototypes back when they had a cooling fan. If you want to read your router's temperature, you will have to do it over telnet.

wl -i eth1 phy_tempsense
wl -i eth2 phy_tempsense

These are for each radio. Take the returned value, divide by 2, then add 20. Results are in Celcius.