What's new

Hello dear forum community

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Menne.0201

Occasional Visitor
I am looking for a router for my medium sized house with reinforced concrete floor to the ground floor. I have a Fritzbox 6490 cable with a 100 mb connection at the moment. We have many customers, eg 2 SmartTV, 3 Amazon Firetv, 2 Dreamboxes Sat, 4 mobile phones, Xbox, Spotify etc and somehow everything is always online. 2 modern laptops with wireless ac and two more Alexa. My 6490 seems to be overloaded because sometimes everything gets sluggish. In operation I also have 2 repeaters 1750 and the new Netgear EX8000-100EUS Nighthawk X6S AC3000 tri-band mesh WiFi Repeater. I would like to use the Netgear 8000P router, Netgear 8500 router or Asus RTAC 3100. What would you recommend? Thank you for your help.

sorry, now in englisch

I am looking for a router for my medium sized house with reinforced concrete floor to the ground floor. I have a Fritzbox 6490 cable with a 100 mb connection at the moment. We have many customers, eg 2 SmartTV, 3 Amazon Firetv, 2 Dreamboxes Sat, 4 mobile phones, Xbox, Spotify etc and somehow everything is always online. 2 modern laptops with wireless ac and two more Alexa. My 6490 seems to be overloaded because sometimes everything gets sluggish. In operation I also have 2 repeaters 1750 and the new Netgear EX8000-100EUS Nighthawk X6S AC3000 tri-band mesh WiFi Repeater. I would like to use the Netgear 8000P router, Netgear 8500 router or Asus RTAC 3100. What would you recommend? Thank you for your help.

sorry, now in englisch
I'd say that you have enough routers already. Improving placement, channel selection, and manually associating various devices with certain access points will likely give you the best results.

Is there any way that you can reconfigure the "1750" repeaters as wired access points instead? I would locate the FRITZ!Box 6490 as close to the center of the main floor as possible then locate the EX8000 centrally on the ground floor. Wire in one of the "1750" repeaters as a 5GHz access point only with a unique SSID with the purpose of serving the EX8000. Connect clients upstairs to the 6490 and the EX8000 to the 1750 access point. Connect downstairs clients to the EX8000. Pick channels that don't overlap with each other or with your neighbor's networks.

Another option is using powerline adaptors to connect the main router with the AP located on the other floor.

You shouldn't need more than one router/AP per floor.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!