What's new

HELP 87U vs AC68 with Traditional QoS enabled

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

JPP PPJ

Occasional Visitor
Hi all,

I was lucky to get 300/20 mbps with TWC at hone now but just discovered that my N66U (LAN-WAN) max out at about 120 mbps when traditional QoS is turned on. If traditional QoS is turned OFF I can get 350 mbps. Since I have to have QoS on due to others heavy users at home AKA teenagers... I was wondering if the AC68U and/or the 87U can handle beyond 350Mbps when traditional QoS is ON. If any one can run a test I would really appreciated ant let me know the difference, there is some dollars difference between those 2 devices.

BTW - the router will be used with wireless OFF. I have another device exclusively for AP/Wireless function.

The RT-AC68U can handle up to around 350 Mbps without NAT acceleration enabled, depending on the complexity of your QoS and firewall rules. Slightly more with the AC87U, due to its 1 GHz CPU vs 800 MHz.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!