What's new

Help connecting to RT-AC66U media bridge

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

squeezil1

Occasional Visitor
Last week I updated my primary router to an RT-AC87R and am running the brand new stock firmware (.2061). I'm unable to connect my devices to an RT-AC66U which is running in Media Bridge mode and has the latest Merlin FW. It has a fixed IP address and is connected to the router's 5 GHz side. When I type the IP address in the browser, the following message comes up:

"Settings have been updated. Web page will now refresh.
Changes have been made to the IP address or port number. You will now be disconnected from RT-AC66U.
To access the settings of RT-AC66U, reconnect to the wireless network and use the updated IP address and port number."

On Saturday I was once able to access it wirelessly, but just once. I typed the IP address and it came up as would be expected. It has not worked any other time, though. I even tried accessing it with an an ethernet cable connection once, but that didn't work either. What can I do to access the device?

Thank you.

The only solution was to reset the router to factory defaults, reconfigure it as a Media Bridge and wirelessly connect it to the 2.4 GHz side of my network. Now I can type the IP address and the Asus interface comes up as normal.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!