What's new

Help Needed: 386.5 Invalid Firmware Upload gt-axe11000

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

zadiesel

New Around Here
Trying to upload the new 386.5 firmware to my gt-axe11000. Was on 386.4 and kept getting this error.

Tried some of the following advice that was given including:
- Redownloaded the firmware file
- Remove all USB then Power Cycle for 10 min
- Tried multiple times to upload, reboot both through web gui and manually, continued attempts.
- Uploaded stock firmware and attempted
- Flashed to 386.3_2 and attempted

Nothing has worked so far. Are there any other solutions that may possibly get around this issue? And if there isn't, is it possible to get access to the the 386.4 firmware again? I am unable to find it under the release folder for the router.

Thank you in advance for any advice and guidance!

Last edited:
Welcome to the forums @zadiesel.

Have you double and triple-checked the file you're downloading? Did you verify the MD5 hash?

Trying to upload the new 386.5 firmware to my gt-axe11000. Was on 386.4 and kept getting this error.

Are you sure?

Asuswrt-Merlin 386.5 changelog:

- NEW: Added support for the GT-AXE11000.

How was yours flashed to 386.3_2 and working with 386.4 firmware?

Welcome to the forums @zadiesel.

Have you double and triple-checked the file you're downloading? Did you verify the MD5 hash?
I downloaded it from this https://sourceforge.net/projects/asuswrt-merlin/files/GT-AXE11000/Release/ page as I have done in the past. If I am on the incorrect page, I sincerely apologize, but I do believe it is the correct one. I would be happy to check the MD5 hash, is there a link or information available on how to do so?

Thank you for your response

Are you sure?

Asuswrt-Merlin 386.5 changelog:

- NEW: Added support for the GT-AXE11000.

How was yours flashed to 386.3_2 and working with 386.4 firmware?
It was originally on 386.4 firmware. After numerous failed attempts, I saw on a forum that updating to stock asus firmware then trying 386.5 again would solve the issue. It did not. Having had several headaches with the asus stock program in the past, I found 386.3_2 in my files and installed that as a place holder till someone could help me figure out how to install 386.5.

Thank you for your response

That is exactly what happened. I had just figured it out when you posted. Apologize for wasting your guys time. Thank you again for your time.
Don't worry, I did the same thing but in reverse; AXE firmware to AX, etc.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!