What's new

Help Needed: RT-AC88U- Not getting correct speed on router mode

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

sharp101

Occasional Visitor
Hi Guys- I recently upgraded my internet plan from 100mbps to 300 mbps. The internet provider changed the ISP supplied modem which now has dual band unlike before that it's only single band.

Here is where I encounter some issues. When I turned off the wifi for the ISP router and used my asus router it is only reflecting 45mbps. It doesn't happen before with my old plan. When I used my Asus router as an access point mode then it will show the correct speed.

I'm wondering what I did wrong, but I just followed the previous steps and even reset my asus router. Kindly let me know if you have inputs on this please.

Thank you guys in advance.

i think you should check the modem first, then check your netwire, check your netcard's working mode. if everything goes well u can change the type in modem from router mode to bridge mode, use RT-AC88U as the main service supplier.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!