What's new

Help setting DDNS on Dual WAN

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

abescalamis

Regular Contributor
Hello friends

I'm wondering if any of you knows a solution.

RT-56U, Dual WAN, Load Balancing 1:1, using 2 Cable Modems speed 300/20 on both.

I have a Synology nas, I access it by using a subdomain and DDNS set in within the NAS, but with dual WAN and Load balancing of 1:1 I cannot connect because it switches WAN everytime I tried to connect.

I can set a routing rule for Dual WAN to have the NAS use only the primary or secondary WAN But what should I enter in destination IP?

http://imgur.com/a/FyXOr

Is there another solution besides the above of setting a Routing Rule?

Thank you all for any suggestion.

Source NAS ip, destination any. Source any, destination NAS ip.

Thank you for your suggestion but it doesn't work, Before I posted the question, I've set the NAS IP as the source and the Router IP as destination, I also tried GOOGLE IP as destination, I also created another rule google IP as the source and the destination the NAS IP, and it stills uses both WAN connections.

Last edited:
Thank you for your suggestion but it doesn't work, Before I posted the question, I've set the NAS IP as the source and the Router IP as destination, I also tried GOOGLE IP as destination, I also created another rule google IP as the source and the destination the NAS IP, and it stills uses both WAN connections.

Just leave destination/source empty or 0.0.0.0. That is 'any'.

0.0.0.0 does not work (anymore), if you leave the field empty, it will show 'all'