What's new

Help setting up DSL-AC68U as AP

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Kelvin Shuttleworth

New Around Here
I’m not getting anywhere with my attempt to configure my DSL-AC68U as an AP

The forum guides for MANUALLY setting a router as Access Point boil down to setting the router primary WAN as LAN1 (not DSL), an ip to an available address, disabling DHCP and switching off NAT.

Firewall and other features would be switched off if this was an RT-AC68U being Administrator-> advanced config -> AP

It just refuses to work

I’ve tried 192.168.1.2, 192.168.2.1 and similar. Tried stock firmware and GNUton

Even tried nvram set sw_mode=3 (AccessPoint)

Any suggestions of what else to try?

This is otherwise an outstanding modem/router but I’d love to use it to extend coverage from a more potent RT-AC88U

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You have to set an IP within the range of your master routers subnet. At default 192.168.1.x so 192.168.1.2 should be fine and set this in master routers reservation list.

Others solved it by converting and loading RT-AC68U firmware, but I wouldnt go that far if you can solve it with easy settings. Thats needed to use it as Aimesh node AFAICR.
You could ask user UK sentinel all the steps needed: https://uktechhub.com/forums/topic/enable-aimesh-on-asuswrt-merlin-rmerlin/page/2/#post-3105
He es running exactly what you want to.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!