What's new

Help with a script.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

muffintastic

Hello.

I need help making a script that can flush old routing table ips specific from the WAN side but keeping everything up-to-date in there.

I am running Sky (UK ISP) and if I make specific changes in the router like change DNS or disable UPNP etc it will change the WAN IP and it will leave the old routing IP in the routing table.

The only way around at the moment is to do it the manual way using “ip route flush <IP>” manually removing the old entries.

I have tried “ip route flush cache” but still persistent also tried “ip route flush table main” but the router hangs / freezes.

Looking for something than can detect changes, flush accordingly and automatically upon change.

Last edited:
If the old route isn't being removed when your WAN interface restarts it sounds like you need to fix that problem rather than trying to write a script to botch a way around it.

If the old route isn't being removed when your WAN interface restarts it sounds like you need to fix that problem rather than trying to write a script to botch a way around it.
Could you possibly help or link me to a thread that has an option for this? It's on a RTAC86U

I'm assuming you have a PPPoE connection? I don't have that type of connection so I can't offer any specific advice. But AFAIK even with a PPPoE connection you shouldn't need any work arounds, the firmware should handle everything automatically. If it isn't it sounds like a bug. Look at the syslog to determine what is happening (or not happening).

N
I'm assuming you have a PPPoE connection? I don't have that type of connection so I can't offer any specific advice. But AFAIK even with a PPPoE connection you shouldn't need any work arounds, the firmware should handle everything automatically. If it isn't it sounds like a bug. Look at the syslog to determine what is happening (or not happening).
Nope not running PPPOE. Just automatic IP.
I've set Sky and its Option 61 details.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!