What's new

Help with Access Point for the RT-AC68R

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

boxito

Occasional Visitor
I have trouble with the signal on some places what should i buy a range extender or an access point ?

i looking a this models what can you recommend me

TP-Link AC1750 Wifi Range Extender

NETGEAR Wi-Fi Range Extender EX2700
TP-Link N450 Wi-Fi Router
TP-Link AC1200 Smart WiFi Router

Hardwire the backhaul if at all possible. Ethernet, moca, powerline, wireless in that order of preference. Wireless should have a dedicated band and radio or else you will loose most of your throughput.

Hardwire the backhaul if at all possible. Ethernet, moca, powerline, wireless in that order of preference. Wireless should have a dedicated band and radio or else you will loose most of your throughput.
Thanks i have an ethernet cable where is want to install the access point but don't know if a range extender is better or a router in access point mode

Get something that's dual-band and "AC". Don't bother with old kit that's only single band and "N".

If you're just setting up a simple access point then there's no particular need for it to be the same brand*. I can't comment on which specific devices are good or bad as I haven't used them. Read the reviews on this website for the devices within your price range. Check the model numbers very carefully though because manufacturers frequently use the same model number for completely different products by adding something like "v2" or "B1" to it.

* On the other hand if you got another Asus of an appropriate model you would have the option of using it in "mesh" mode with your existing router. I don't know what (if any) benefit that might have for you. It would probably mean spending more money than you would otherwise.

Last edited:
If you're just setting up a simple access point then there's no particular need for it to be the same brand*. I can't comment on which specific devices are good or bad as I haven't used them. Read the reviews on this website for the devices within your price range. Check the model numbers very carefully though because manufacturers frequently use the same model number for completely different products by adding something like "v2" or "B1" to it.

* On the other hand if you got another Asus of an appropriate model you would have the option of using it in "mesh" mode with your existing router. I don't know what (if any) benefit that might have for you. It would probably mean spending more money than you would otherwise.
Thanks !

will check the list

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!