What's new

help with installing merlin on china bought asus rt-ac5300

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Bloodfart

New Around Here
There seems to be some specific blocks to installing or changing firmware versions here.

I just bought this router and want to use it to install astrill for convenience but I get this message when trying to install merlin or any other asus version

Invalid Firmware Upload
To comply with regulatory amendments, we have modified our certification rule to ensure better firmware quality. This version is not compatible with all previously released ASUS firmware and uncertified third party firmware. Please check our official websites for the certified firmware.

any ideas?

It is definitely RT-ac5300 and I’ve tried the newest Merlin firmware, newest asus firmware, and an asus version a couple of versions ago. All the same message and won’t install.

It is definitely RT-ac5300 and I’ve tried the newest Merlin firmware, newest asus firmware, and an asus version a couple of versions ago. All the same message and won’t install.
What is the current firmware version shown at the top of each page and at Administration >- Firmware Upgrade > AiMesh router ?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!