What's new

Help with Padavan installation

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

evan5000

New Around Here
I'm sick of getting:

Feb 16 06:50:47 kernel: Qidx(1), not enough space in MgmtRing, MgmtRingFullCount=1006!

I'm running the latest version (3.0.0.4.342) and the problem seems to only get worse. FWIW, We have several devices running off the router, including Xbox, PS3, Android, iOS, PC, and Mac. From what I've read, it appears there is something going on with Macs that's causing the problem.

No matter, I want to try Padavan's firmware, but I don't know how to install. I tried to install the full version with the WebGUI and the router threw up an error message saying it was the wrong version. Furthermore, I see several different versions of the software (aria, micro, mini) but I don't get it. Please help!

I'm sick of getting:

Feb 16 06:50:47 kernel: Qidx(1), not enough space in MgmtRing, MgmtRingFullCount=1006!

I'm running the latest version (3.0.0.4.342) and the problem seems to only get worse. FWIW, We have several devices running off the router, including Xbox, PS3, Android, iOS, PC, and Mac. From what I've read, it appears there is something going on with Macs that's causing the problem.

No matter, I want to try Padavan's firmware, but I don't know how to install. I tried to install the full version with the WebGUI and the router threw up an error message saying it was the wrong version. Furthermore, I see several different versions of the software (aria, micro, mini) but I don't get it. Please help!

I also have the full.zip

I´m not sure what you have done :)

So you have to extract the zip File and then you can use the file ***full.trx and update via the WEB GUI.

After upgrade do a factory reset. WLAN is now back to open System you have to give your WLAN a pass.

If you get the Error Message you can try to downgrade official Firmware. I had the Firmware before and flashed to Padvans Firmware.

The Padavan firmware installs the same as the offical Asus firmware. First go here http://code.google.com/p/rt-n56u/ download and extract the firmware file. If your not planning to use transmission, minidlna, openssl or sftp get the "micro" build otherwise get the "full" build. Once you have the file you simply login to your router, navigate to the firmware update page and select the Padavan firmware file. About 3 or 4 minutes later the update should be finished. Its probably best to do a factory reset at this point and then enter your personal settings. Thats all there is to it, if your still having issues the only other thing i can think of is that the firmware download is being corrupted?

Been there, done that. ;)

Read the file name carefully... Padavan puts out 2 firmwares, for 2 different Asus routers.

RT-N56U
RT-N65U

The 5 and 6 are transposed. Why Asus named the two routers this way? I have no clue. But personally I think someone should have been fired for it. :p

The Asus router names are confusing to say the least. Theres the RT-N56U, RT-N65U, RT-N66U and the RT-AC66U just to name a few:confused:

The Asus router names are confusing to say the least. Theres the RT-N56U, RT-N65U, RT-N66U and the RT-AC66U just to name a few:confused:

You forgot the RT-N66R, RT-AC66R, and the forecoming RT-N67U, RT-AC56U ;)

Their number are actuall more explanative than Netgear or Linksys:

RT-N66U
ww-xyyz

ww: RT = Router (DSL is for their DSL modems, WL for old Wireless products)
x: wireless technology (N, G, AC)
yy: model number (I haven't found any real logic to the numbering so far, beside higher generally means higher-end)
z: U = USB, R = Retail version