What's new

Honest review of Asus WRT 5.0 (3.0.0.6 Branch)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Regarding 'time to do some housekeeping'... her thoughts exactly! :)

OE
This little bit of discussion reminded me of my P100 with, I think, 4 Mb RAM running Slackware with an early 2.x Linux kernel, before tabbed browser windows (Netscape). Somewhere I've got a screenshot indicating 96 netscape windows open, and the system was highly responsive! This was about the time Y2K was becoming a concern. The 32-bit seconds-counter overflow was actually more of a concern, but it wasn't until Windows98 itself was nearly done-for before anyone discovered a counter Windows used in W95 overflowed in like 39 days and caused a system lockup. This tells me that few people had left (were able to leave) such a system running long enough to identify the issue!

Meanwhile I'd been using an old headless 386-25 system for network (dialup and LAN) management and was truly pissed when a prolonged power outage ran out my UPS and failed the computer at somewhere near a couple years uptime! Life was simpler "back in the day".

This little bit of discussion reminded me of my P100 with, I think, 4 Mb RAM running Slackware with an early 2.x Linux kernel, before tabbed browser windows (Netscape). Somewhere I've got a screenshot indicating 96 netscape windows open, and the system was highly responsive! This was about the time Y2K was becoming a concern. The 32-bit seconds-counter overflow was actually more of a concern, but it wasn't until Windows98 itself was nearly done-for before anyone discovered a counter Windows used in W95 overflowed in like 39 days and caused a system lockup. This tells me that few people had left (were able to leave) such a system running long enough to identify the issue!

Meanwhile I'd been using an old headless 386-25 system for network (dialup and LAN) management and was truly pissed when a prolonged power outage ran out my UPS and failed the computer at somewhere near a couple years uptime! Life was simpler "back in the day".
Wow in had mine in i think 1995 or so... And when the y2k bug entered the phantom world I had my athlon running. Any howsse... Time frame stuff ... Back on topic.

I welcome your accolades. So few folk "get me"...

GUI is a tradeoff for limited (in)convenience. Command-line is where it's at if one wants to get there more easily and quickly; daisy-chaining things in the *nix philosophy. Still have to type either way, just getting right to it is usually better and almost always much faster.

My taskbar currently shows three browser windows (each with multiple tabs) and 24 terminal windows. Time to do some housekeeping...
Can't say I have much of a need for CLI. I am still just a casual Ubuntu user, and only because that is how I ended up fixing Window 10 (around 2017/2018) as a last resort after multiple W10 reinstall. Go figure.

I wanted to get more experience in CLI, figured I'd get better at it with hands on, troubleshooting some apps or extensions on GitHub. It was going great, slowly but surely, until I got suspended ~10 months in.
Your account was flagged because you appear to have registered multiple free user accounts.
Never would have guessed that GitHub operates on appearance, and not facts.

Just made me feel bad for developers on repos where I was active, removing little of what I had time to contribute in "issues", and creating a dead 404 link to my repo with a theme.

I have a GT- AX6000 and running the latest firmware 3.0.0.6.102_21514-g9affda2_136-g5d23c. So this is confusing. I have a Reolink WIFI Video Doorbell, purchased last year. In the Reolink camera software on the PC, its configured for a static IP address 192.168.50.151. In the Reolink Android software, the same thing, shows Static IP address 151. In the Blue Iris camera software (DVR), it shows and configures for 151. If I try to configure the camera in Blue Iris using 150, it doesn't find it. When I look in the GT-AX6000 Network Map, View List, it shows Static IP but shows 150 not 151? MAC address matches on the Network Map devices and on the Reolink Software. I have 28 devices and this is the only device that doesn't match.

How can the router be reporting a different IP address of 150? is this a firmware issue?

I have a GT- AX6000 and running the latest firmware 3.0.0.6.102_21514-g9affda2_136-g5d23c. So this is confusing. I have a Reolink WIFI Video Doorbell, purchased last year. In the Reolink camera software on the PC, its configured for a static IP address 192.168.50.151. In the Reolink Android software, the same thing, shows Static IP address 151. In the Blue Iris camera software (DVR), it shows and configures for 151. If I try to configure the camera in Blue Iris using 150, it doesn't find it. When I look in the GT-AX6000 Network Map, View List, it shows Static IP but shows 150 not 151? MAC address matches on the Network Map devices and on the Reolink Software. I have 28 devices and this is the only device that doesn't match.

How can the router be reporting a different IP address of 150? is this a firmware issue?
Out of curiosity, what does your question have to do with the general discussion of this topic? Apparently you have posted a similar question to a different thread topic yesterday.
Generally is good etiquette not to post the same or similar question about a router issue to multiple different threads to avoid confusion and people responding to duplicate posts across different thread topics.

Out of curiosity, what does your question have to do with the general discussion of this topic? Apparently you have posted a similar question to a different thread topic yesterday.
Generally is good etiquette not to post the same or similar question about a router issue to multiple different threads to avoid confusion and people responding to duplicate posts across different thread topics.
Got your point. Was posting here because this thread is addressing the firmware I am using and wondered if anyone else using this specific firmware has seen this issue.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!