What's new

Hoping to build a rock solid wifi network in my 3 level house. Keep seeing different information.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Ccualumni

New Around Here
Computers, playstations and xbox all are hard wired. My router is on the main level and I have Ethernet cables running to the attic and to the basement.

I would like to walk nowhere in my house with my iPad and get great, consistent wifi.
I have been told to use a mesh system, use APs on each level and of course to hard wire everything on each level.
The problem is that I have also been told that if I set up multiple APs they could interfere with each other and my router wifi. The other thing is that I have hers my devices will use whatever wifi they re connected to and will not switch between the different APs.

my thought is to set the wifi up like at a company office or the airport where as I move around, the system automatically connects me to the best wifi signal and for none to interfere.

now that I have the hard wires ran, do I just connect APs to them?

which system should I use? Ubiquiti? Should I use APs or mesh wifi?

there is so much jnformation that I just get confused trying to figure out the best option.
Thank you

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!