What's new

How can I edit defaults.c?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

StavrosWTF

Occasional Visitor
So I have been reading the default.c intensively and I was wondering on how I could edit it to fit my needs (like limit 2.4GHz channels to 1,5,11, restricting channel bandwidth e.t.c. I am just looking for a way to extract it somehow to put my modified defaults.c in my flash or in some other way. Mind me if I said something stupid, I am not really used to this. All I have is a .w file for my flash.

You can't. It's a piece of the source code. You'd have to compile a completely new custom firmware.

Beside, defaults.c are just default values, they do not define the currently used values by the firmware, as these are changed by either the firmware or the bootloader.

Beside, defaults.c are just default values, they do not define the currently used values by the firmware, as these are changed by either the firmware or the bootloader.
Oh Merlin, it's an honor. Thanks for the clarification, i am not good with firmware procedure and stuff.
I was hoping I could change some values somehow so that I could use Smart Connect without any problems. This is one of my unanswered posts asking for help: https://www.snbforums.com/threads/force-nvram-settings-after-reboot.54767/

I just want to change control channels and channel bandwidths manually while using Smart Connect and make them somewhat permanent (with scripts other idk or autorestore nvram on boot or something). Any ideas?

I just want to change control channels and channel bandwidths manually while using Smart Connect and make them somewhat permanent (with scripts other idk or autorestore nvram on boot or something). Any ideas?

Cannot be controlled.

Cannot be controlled.
Oh I see. Well then there is only one way of fixing my smart connect and this is by removing some channels from the control channel list and/or capping 2.4GHz/5.0GHz bandwidth (changing wl_chanspecn and wl_bw_cap) . Is that in any way possible?

The entire wireless code is closed source. I don't know which specific variable are hardcoded or overridden by the firmware.