What's new

How can I move from HGGomes firmware to RMerlin?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

JFJF

New Around Here
I used HGGomes firmware for a while (nice job) but would like to go back to RMerlin. Tried updating with RMerlin's current firmware and version 61 but no luck. Using current or older ASUS firmware won't work either.
Any ideas?

Jeroen
RT-AC68U

you have to go back to Merlin build .58 or older, this was stated in the Readme
then you can go to any build you would like

I used HGGomes firmware for a while (nice job) but would like to go back to RMerlin. Tried updating with RMerlin's current firmware and version 61 but no luck. Using current or older ASUS firmware won't work either.
Any ideas?

Jeroen
RT-AC68U

Why would you wanna do that?? U will lose the privilege to customize the power of it. Actually i am quite disappointed that Hggomes stoped his development. His firmware is the only firmware which actually improves range. It's just because of the Fcc regulation or for some unknown reason he planned to stop doing what he did.

Although FCC doesn't apply to me as i'm not in the U.S , every country has certain regulations to follow i believe , but im not bound by this strict regulations as i'm not in the U.S. I'll try to Pm Hggomes.

Last edited:
this is taken from Hgg readme
"
* IN ORDER TO FLASH NEWER ASUS STOCK/RMERLIN FW VERSIONS, A DOWNGRADE TO 380.59.1 OR LOWER VERSION IS REQUIRED.
** HW RESET/FACTORY DEFAULT AND MANUAL SETUP IS REQUIRED, DO NOT USE CONFIGURATION FILE IMPORT OR OLD SETTINGS WILL BE APPLIED AGAIN.

you can downgrade though the GUI