What's new

How do I see what current open nat games are in use after applying them to lan ips?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Joshua Price

Occasional Visitor
I have two PCs' and 2 PS4 consoles in my lan. Usually two pc's are in use at any given time. Call Of Duty Cold War is giving me so much grief I wish I could get a refund.

On any of my devices, after initiating / applying the game profile in open nat to all lan side gaming devices, the game itself shows NAT is OPEN... but when I go to play, it won't matchmake at all or it takes over 8-10 minutes to matchmake. I have tried using opennat Call OF Duty Cold War in the Open Nat as well as using the DMZ option... still having issues
When I go to the connections tab on the game network status in the Cold War settings, all servers are really high ping (like North America servers are even in the 1000's in ping rate)

If I turn on my mobile hotspot, the game matchmakes as expected and puts me in a match within 30-45 seconds at most.

If I activate a VPN on my gaming desktop on my Asus AC5300 router, I get zero issues there too.

I'm pulling my hair out on this issue.

Is there a way to see which games are active in open nat? Clear out open nat options and start from scratch?

Last edited:
Have you tried port forwarding instead of using the Nat tool?
Do you have upnp on or off?

COD Cold War

PLATFORMTCPUDP
PC3074, 27014-270503074, 3075, 3076, 3077, 3078, 3079
PlayStation1935, 3478-34803074, 3075, 3076, 3077, 3078, 3079

I still have the same issue with cold war even if I use port forwarding as well as directly connecting to my modem. Weird I know.

I still have the same issue with cold war even if I use port forwarding as well as directly connecting to my modem. Weird I know.

Looking back on my history; I have been through this with multiple consoles.

Try this:

The going back to basics method.

Try disabling the dmz and removing the port forwarding, and removing static ips for the consoles, Let automatic dhcp and upnp do their job.

Set the consoles to auto network setup on their settings pages.

-

This worked for me historically looking at an old thread. Bear in mind, it's from 2014 though. (Have I really been here that long)

The essence is to not mix upnp and port forwarding (or dmz), use one or the other.

Failing that search all the forums for NAT, COD, PS4, XBOX etc, there are multiple help threads on these issues.

I feel the pain as a former cod player.

Last edited:
Sorry to revive this old thread but I'm literally pulling my hair out.. I've not had major issues with COD connecting in a months with the occasional router / pc full power cycle..

Now with no warning one of my alienware gaming desktops (both are hard wired) is having issues connecting with cod. The other PC isn't having issues at all. I've attempted to leave the one that works completely off.

After rebooting routers I still have issues on one. I've pinged the servers so I know they are replying. I've attempted to full manual forward, tried using the open nat game options, even tried dmz zone. I've even tried just using wifi (which pulls the ip randomly from the dhcp server, as the ethernet one is setup as a reserved) and it still will not connect. Looking at glasswire, I confirm the packets are being sent to the game servers us.api.activision.com and us.battle.net, along with several others.

I even verfied it works over vpn perfectly fine. It works on my verizon/t-mobile cell phone hotspots...