What's new

How Has SmallNetBuilder Helped You?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

This might be a bit late but...

I find Smallnetbuilder.com the most informative site on networking on the net.

I used to have a cheap router because I didn't know any better. It showed it's age and when I was trying to find a better router, I found this site. It taught me the stats I needed to look for to find a better router and it presented it to me in an easy way. Bought a new better router with SNB's guide. This site also introduced me to the utility of NASes. And I bought one when my home network needed more storage instead of adding another Hard Disk in one of our PC's. I even set-up cat5e cables for my HD media server set-up because Tim said, it was the best way to watch. And it was.

As my family and friend's resident geek, I have advised them to purchase products mainly using advice I learned here. I really have to thank the guys here a lot for the solid recommendations you keep on giving. Thanks

All Networking Purchases

I go to SmallNetBuilder prior to making all networking purchsaes. NAS Boxes, Routers, Switches, etc.... - this site is the go-to site for honest, real-world, and thorough reviews. Even when not in the market for new purchases, the site is a great resource to stay on top of technology trends.