What's new

How many IP cameras can Ubiquiti Nano Station Loco M5 handle?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Harshit Mishra

New Around Here
Hi everyone. I am an absolute novice so please forgive my ignorance. I wish to set up 5or 6 IP cameras in my farm field, all within a radius of 1.5 km from my NVR station (all in the same direction) . I plan to install a Ubiquiti Loco M5 connected as access point to my NVR and router. There will be a Ubiquiti Loco M2 connected with each camera as receiver. My questions: 1) Will this configuration work? 2) How many such cameras will the Loco M5 be able to handle, given its data transfer limitations?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

The Loco M5 is 5Ghz and the Loco M2 is 2.4Ghz so that will not work. I believe the max throughput for the Loco M5 is about 75Mbps. So I guess it depends on how much bandwidth each camera needs. The NANO Station AC LOCO 5 has much more bandwidth and might be better for you.

The Loco M5 is 5Ghz and the Loco M2 is 2.4Ghz so that will not work. I believe the max throughput for the Loco M5 is about 75Mbps. So I guess it depends on how much bandwidth each camera needs. The NANO Station AC LOCO 5 has much more bandwidth and might be better for you.
Thanks

All Ubiquiti M-series equipment has 100 Mbps network cards, so that is their maximum capasity. You will in addition loose a bit because of the radio, so around 80 Mbps data traffic is possible.

The ip-cameras will need from 1-5 Mbps - depending on the video quality of the cameras. One Loco station will work fine for 5 or 6 cameras. Whether they all are M2 or M5 does not matter.

All Ubiquiti M-series equipment has 100 Mbps network cards, so that is their maximum capasity. You will in addition loose a bit because of the radio, so around 80 Mbps data traffic is possible.

The ip-cameras will need from 1-5 Mbps - depending on the video quality of the cameras. One Loco station will work fine for 5 or 6 cameras. Whether they all are M2 or M5 does not matter.
Thanks.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!