1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

How to access ROUTER when RESET is already made and default usernames and passwords doesn't work?

Discussion in 'Routers' started by Jurgen, Apr 24, 2019.

1. Jurgen

Jurgen Occasional Visitor

I have an old router if i can say, that is made already reset to it and default usernames and passwords doesn't work. It has been functional somewhere else before but I haven't used before in my house and my internet. I have tried a lot of combinations, I don't have the manual of the router, the stick notes of the router dont have information. Even the IP I found in cmd ipconfig 192.168.2.1 wasn't correct. The right one was 192.168.2.1:8080 that i found with Advanced IP program and I believe is the right one since a pop up windows comes when i put this IP with option to login with username and password. Now how to login when the situation is that to router is made reset and the default username and password doesn't work?

2. Sanna1967

Sanna1967 Senior Member

need mode info o_O

Brand, model ?

Jurgen likes this.
  3. Jurgen

Billion Router BiPac 7700N R4

4. ColinTaylor

ColinTaylor Part of the Furniture

5. Jurgen

Its another router, because reset button is close with wifi button and in the side part not in the bottom. They look similar but there are different versions, this is a R4. You will find here
    http://www.billion.com/Communication/xDSL Wireless AP Series That one BiPAC 7700N R4
    About 192.168.1.254 i have checked before it and that default IP doesn't work. Remeber router is reset and default IP username password doesn't work. Read the question that ipconfig in computer shows 192.168.2.1 but it doesn't work, it pops up a login window with 192.168.2.1:8080 . Now i can't access with default username password, i have tried what you are sugesting and many other combinations of username and password

6. ColinTaylor

Maybe the router hasn't been reset properly? The manual is here: https://www.scribd.com/document/340970619/BiPAC-7700N-R4-User-Manual
    There is nothing in the manual that mentions a 192.168.2.x address. Maybe a custom firmware has been installed?

7. Jurgen

8. Jurgen

The reset is done as usually for all routers. pushing the reset button keeping for a couple of time sometime tried for 5s sometimes for 10-15s or 30s. About the custom firmware i don't know it could be possible but i cannot say it. If it is like this that - a custom firmware is installed what can be done to access the router. -And in case that custom firmware is not installed what can be done to access the router

9. ColinTaylor

Jurgen likes this.
  10. umarmung

umarmung Senior Member

Contact Billion for the stock firmware and update process. Make sure to carefully explain the situation and exact model since, for example, you may need both some "base" firmware and the latest firmware.

Jurgen likes this.
  11. Jurgen

Can you support me telling how to contact because when I go at Conctact part Mermber login option it asks details for business. I want to use it personally not for business.

12. ColinTaylor

What country are you in?

13. Jurgen

I am from Albania

14. ColinTaylor

15. Jurgen

16. ColinTaylor

17. Jurgen

I thank you for your suggestion and posted the question where you suggested me but i see that the posts there are really old and i don't now if somebody will see it and answer. Any other good billion router forums or websites where i can get the information?

18. ColinTaylor

19. Jurgen

No my friend even this doesn't work
    upload_2019-4-25_20-36-38.png
    If you can show me the steps i should follow to reach the support site, probably works? Or if are some other options to have support from Billion? I sent an email them to this email address but i don't now if they will answer. Something else how to reach their support?

20. ColinTaylor

I get the same error if I use an Albanian proxy. It looks like certain countries are blocked. Hopefully your email will get through.