What's new

How to attach/insert file to post?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

jon sumisu

New Around Here
I have been trying to show a log file in my post. If I paste it into the post I get an error message when posting or previewing the post. If I try to attach the file it shows in a box at the bottom, but when I post or preview it doesn't show up. Can't see any help files on this. Am I missing a step somewhere?

I assume the error message you're talking about is "Oops! We ran into some problems"?

You'll get this error when trying to post, or attach a file that contains, forbidden strings. With log files in particular it will choke on "/etc" followed by "/hosts", without a space in between.

So one way around this is to edit the document and insert a space (or other character) to break up the forbidden string, e.g. /etc /hosts

The error message could certainly be more clear about this as it leaves you trying to guess what it is that it's objecting to.

Last edited:
Using a service like Pastebin is the recommended method if you need to share that kind of information.

The error message could certainly be more clear about this as it leaves you trying to guess what it is that it's objecting to.

The problem is the error message is generated by Cloudflare and not the forum software. Since Cloudflare has no context, it can only display a fairly generic error message.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!