What's new

How to Backup and Restore Wireguard Server Configuration

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Aiadi

Regular Contributor
After finally giving up on being able to get Tailscale to run on my GT-AX6000, I have decided to just sticking with Wireguard implementation for now. I have set up WIreguard Server on the router using the latest Asuswrt-Merlin and all appears to be working quite well (apart from being completely unable to punch a hole through my commercial Wireguard Client to access my local Plex server when the wireguard client is active as well). I would like to keep my current wireguard server configuration and use it for any future firmware resets or updates but I cannot find information on how to be able to import the configuration file nor can I find any setting in the GUI to allow this.

I have managed to find a file sitting in: "/etc/wg/server1_client1.config" and I am wondering if this is the I could just copy this one and paste it into any future firmware installation to achieve the desired result. I would be grateful for any advice.