What's new

how to know when beta firmware makes it into production firmware for example ASUS RT-AX86U Pro Firmware version 9.0.0.6.102.4856

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

mardymarvin

New Around Here
I am currently running the beta firmware from Asus as I wanted the VLAN stuff but I was wondering how do you know when they turn the beta into release firmware so I can run official released firmware and keep the features the beta has. I have read the latest official release which is dated later then the beta ASUS RT-AX86U Pro Firmware version 3.0.0.4.388.23285 but cant see in there about VLAN and dont want to update and loose features and have to mess around going back.

Generally the final firmware update notes (or change log) will include major improvements and new features. It could be a while as they continue to test and update before they roll in the beta features into the final firmware. You can bet Asus will make note in the final firmware notes when the final firmware have VLAN/Guest Network Pro rolled into it.

Generally the final firmware update notes (or change log) will include major improvements and new features. It could be a while as they continue to test and update before they roll in the beta features into the final firmware. You can bet Asus will make note in the final firmware notes when the final firmware have VLAN/Guest Network Pro rolled into it.
ok thanks I shall keep an eye on any updates then I did think they would shout about it as its a very good feature

If it's like pasted Beta's get ready to wait a very long time. And possibly forever.

9.0.x.x is beta, 3.0.x.x is final release. So, in this case you want a 3.0.0.6.xxx version.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!