What's new

How to plot wifi performance between routers and APs?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

netok

Occasional Visitor
Is it possible to plot wifi performance between routers like AC86U and APs like UBNT AC Pro? From my understanding, their wifi are tested by same method. But I can't make them appear in the same graph. One is "testmethod=37" and the other is "testmethod=35".

Because sometimes we want to use a router as AP if its performance/price is better than dedicated APs. Especially since there aren't a lot of APs to choose from.

Thanks.

Is it possible to plot wifi performance between routers like AC86U and APs like UBNT AC Pro? From my understanding, their wifi are tested by same method. But I can't make them appear in the same graph. One is "testmethod=37" and the other is "testmethod=35".

Because sometimes we want to use a router as AP if its performance/price is better than dedicated APs. Especially since there aren't a lot of APs to choose from.

Thanks.
Theres more to it, for instance APs like UBNT AC APs tend to have better range and more consistent performance across the range. The designs and features are different too, ASUS doesnt support POE in.

Theres more to it, for instance APs like UBNT AC APs tend to have better range and more consistent performance across the range. The designs and features are different too, ASUS doesnt support POE in.
Same can be said for every routers too. If they all have same range and performance and designs and features then we don't need reviews. There are reasons why reviews AND charting tools exist.

Sorry, no. Even though they are tested using the same method, APs and routers are treated as different categories, which can't be compared with our toolset.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!