What's new

How to remove or ban a client?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

There was some ancient Netgear firmware that had an "Access Control" feature. You manually add MAC addresses for known devices on your LAN and then click "Block all new devices from connecting". If you also turn off all wireless access (so that noone can grab a MAC address from wi-fi packet sniffing) this seemed pretty secure to me.

I see you can ban specific MAC addresses in Asus/Merlin, but does anyone know if Asus/Merlin firmware has a similar "block all new devices from connecting" feature?

There was some ancient Netgear firmware that had an "Access Control" feature. You manually add MAC addresses for known devices on your LAN and then click "Block all new devices from connecting". If you also turn off all wireless access (so that noone can grab a MAC address from wi-fi packet sniffing) this seemed pretty secure to me.

I see you can ban specific MAC addresses in Asus/Merlin, but does anyone know if Asus/Merlin firmware has a similar "block all new devices from connecting" feature?
i think you can choose to exclude or include the list so that would seem to stop any new clients from connecting that hasnt been provisioned for

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!