What's new

Skynet how to unblock a BLOCKED - INVALID ip address

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

sean storm

Occasional Visitor
Hello Everyone. Does anyone know how to unblock an [BLOCKED - INVALID] ip address? I have tried whitelisting the ip and the domain but it says that's its not blocked. I have the latest version of skynet if that matters.

Attachments

• invalid skynet.png
    invalid skynet.png
    28.1 KB · Views: 28
I have used Skynet for 6 years and have never seen [BLOCKED - INVALID] in my Skynet logs.
Can you check in Skynet Settings [option 11] and the see whether item 6 "Log Invalid Packets" is set to [Enabled] or [Disabled] ??

Mine has been "[Disabled"] from the outset - it is also the default setting to be disabled.

Perhaps the problem is an invalid source packet - rather than a security block in any block lists?

My settings for Log Invalid Packets are set to Enabled. I think the problem is a (false positive) invalid source packet. When I use my phone internet connection, the packet is allowed to pass through but in Skynet, it is blocked. My main question is: Is there any way to UNBLOCK (potentially false positive) invalid source packet? I just think in my scenario, it is not a true invalid packet, but Skynet is treating it as if it was.

I figured out the issue. I had block port 8080 which the device in question in my LAN needed and that was causing the INVALID Packets. Thanks kernol
for looking into this.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!