What's new

how to update firmware with USB with adding installed

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Ellenswamy

Regular Contributor
I just got a notification a new version of Merlin is now out. I have diversion installed with swap space. Do I have to do anything special with my USB drive with merlin add-on installed? or can I just dirty flash like normal?

Thanks!

I just got a notification a new version of Merlin is now out. I have diversion installed with swap space. Do I have to do anything special with my USB drive with merlin add-on installed? or can I just dirty flash like normal?

Thanks!
This is how i do:
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/asuswrt-merlin-386-5-is-now-available.77691/page-23#post-753168
Hope it helps and after it should say you use 386.5_2, usb drive will be mounted after the update with addons/swap.

Last edited:
cool so basically, reboot router, unmount from the web GUI. can leave it plugged in then flash. and then remount?
Yes but the drive will be mounted automatically again after the firmware upgrade since the router is restarted in the update process.

cool, and we only have to do this process for the router and no for the aimesh nodes correct?
I have no experience with aimesh nodes since i don't use it.
Reboot is always good before flashing new firmware to free up more memory.