What's new

How to update router without desk or laptop pc

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

What tablet and what are you trying to download and from where? :)

If you are talking about Merlin firmware, you should see this:
Software downloads may not be possible on this device.
Try To Download Anyway

Just click the box to "try anyway"

Not really a great idea to do firmware updates from a remote location, but your choice to take the risk.

No need to carry the laptop. As long as it is connected to the same network, leave it down and use it to do the update, as needed. ;)

We can't answer without knowing what router or what tablet you are talking about.

In general, you should be able to flash a router using an Android tablet. I've done it a couple of times with Asus routers.

Sorry for the long delay in replying..Router Asus RT-ac86u running merlin, tablet samsung.
Going over there in the morning will travel with laptop and tablet

Well i only got as far upload manually then the tablet freezes every time, ended up doing it with laptop.
When the next merlin update come out, i will practice at home uploading from the tablet.

Well i only got as far upload manually then the tablet freezes every time, ended up doing it with laptop.
When the next merlin update come out, i will practice at home uploading from the tablet.
Consider buying an inexpensive USB - Ethernet adapter and plug it into your tablet. Depending on the adapter you may need a conversion plug to match the USB plug on the adapter to the USB port on your tablet.

I have used USB adapters with tablets and phones. They work fine.

Well this time i left the laptop home only traveled with tablet and my phone.
Tablet froze again so i did it on my phone

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!