What's new

How to use optware from jffs? Thanks in advance

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

futurehost

New Around Here
Hi, thanks in advance.

I want to use optware from jffs, just when i telnet through ssh, and run "mount -o bind /jffs /opt", there is a probelme, i cannot mount it.

I'm not very familiar with linux,so i cannot figure out it.

Please give me a hand. thanks!

I'm in the same situation as you. New to this and have tried to read me up the last 24 hours but can't figure out how to utilize JFFS.

If would be great if someone could point me/us in the right directions how to, at the end, read out the traffic logs.

You could probably run the command as above replacing with the jffs partition, but it is really small (about 12MB) so you are not going to fit much in there at all.

It is recommended running or a USB disk for the size, and so that it doesnt burn out the JFFS partition if you are using something that has a lot of writes.

If you dont want to have a USB permenantly in the Router for asthetic reasons, you couls also open it up and install a micro SD card inside, or perhaps even run from a CIFS share.

You could probably run the command as above replacing with the jffs partition, but it is really small (about 12MB) so you are not going to fit much in there at all.

It is recommended running or a USB disk for the size, and so that it doesnt burn out the JFFS partition if you are using something that has a lot of writes.

If you dont want to have a USB permenantly in the Router for asthetic reasons, you couls also open it up and install a micro SD card inside, or perhaps even run from a CIFS share.

Its best to install a microSD inside the router. I have my Openvpn Certs stored in /sda1/ instead of in NVRAM.

Its best to install a microSD inside the router. I have my Openvpn Certs stored in /sda1/ instead of in NVRAM.

Just curious - are you using custom config entries to point to disk-based certs?