What's new

Scribe I could use some Scribe filter help please

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

skeal

Part of the Furniture
As most of you have noticed in your logs if you are using aimesh, you get these log spam. Aug 4 10:41:05 RT-AX88U-E770 kernel: xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx not mesh client, can't update it's ip and it's brother Aug 3 09:50:49 RT-AX88U-E770 kernel: xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx not mesh client, can't delete it

Question 1: Can these be resolved without worrying about Scribe?

Question 2: Can someone figure out a Scribe filter that would work to isolate these log entries?

I have little programming knowledge.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
As most of you have noticed in your logs if you are using aimesh, you get these log spam. Aug 4 10:41:05 RT-AX88U-E770 kernel: xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx not mesh client, can't update it's ip and it's brother Aug 3 09:50:49 RT-AX88U-E770 kernel: xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx not mesh client, can't delete it

Question 1: Can these be resolved without worrying about Scribe?

Question 2: Can someone figure out a Scribe filter that would work to isolate these log entries?

I have little programming knowledge.

Thanks in advance!
This will drop them. Otherwise you can pipe them to a destination.
Code:
filter f_AIMESH {
message("not mesh client");
};

log {
source(src);
filter(f_AIMESH);
flags(final);
};

I have one Aimesh node and I'm not seeing these messages though.

Last edited:
This will drop them. Otherwise you can pipe them to a destination.
Code:
filter f_AIMESH {
message("not mesh client");
};

log (
source(src);
filter(f_AIMESH);
flags(final);
};

I have one Aimesh node and I'm not seeing these messages though.
Thanks for the help. Not sure what I'm doing wrong but when I put this into both scribe directories and restart scribe, it fails with red fail wording. Not sure what the log says as I am unable to understand it. Any further directions for a hack like me?

I made a typo there: the "(" after "log" should be "{". Does that fix it? It goes in /opt/etc/syslog.d/

I made a typo there: the "(" after "log" should be "{". Does that fix it? It goes in /opt/etc/syslog.d/
Okay we have success so far, with that change and using #eof allows scribe to be restarted. Thank you for the help.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!