What's new

I don't know how to fix my current setup (Double NAT & Bridge Mode)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

FernandoRocker

New Around Here
Hello, guys. Long time lurker here, but avid reader.

I have an LTE modem... a Huawei B310 and I also have a Linksys WRT3200ACM router. The LTE receives the internet signal from AT&T (I'm in México)... I pay around $10 USD for unlimited data at 10mbps.

But I obviously don't want to use the Huawei B310 as my main router...I have a small NAS and a Plex server, and I need to use my Linksys WRT3200ACM for better performance, range, features, and so on.

But the Huawei B310 doesn't have a Bridge mode. I connected the B310 to the WRT3200ACM's WAN port, and I disabled the WiFi from the B310. But this not enough, right?

What else do I need to do?

Should I use the WRT3200ACM as an access point instead?

Being double NATted might not be that bad. You could potentially have issues reacing your network from the outside world, so maybe gaming or file sharing (or access plex videos remotely). However... if you don't have any problems with that now, then you don't have any problems and everything is great!

If the routing/firewall features of the B310 are adequate, then yes you could just use the WRT3200 as a dumb access point/switch.

Being double NATted might not be that bad. You could potentially have issues reacing your network from the outside world, so maybe gaming or file sharing (or access plex videos remotely). However... if you don't have any problems with that now, then you don't have any problems and everything is great!

If the routing/firewall features of the B310 are adequate, then yes you could just use the WRT3200 as a dumb access point/switch.
I wanted to access my home PC from work and I couldn't. I just got the modem yesterday.

I read there is a DMZ trick, but I don't understand how to it. To access my WRT3200ACM I type 192.168.1.1 and to access my B310 I type 192.168.8.1

If you're double natted, the WRT probably has an '8' IP address assigned to it. 192.168.8.something.

You could try going into B310 settings (no idea what options you have there) and defining your DMZ as the 192.168.8.x of the WRT, that might work to pass along all traffic.

You have correctly set up the double NAT. To reach the PC attached to your second router, your WRT3200 you need to do a double port forward. First assign your WRT3200 a static WAN IP in B310s subnet. Then if you can on the B310 forward the port you are going to use to connect to your PC at home to WRT3200. Then on your WRT3200 forward that port to your PC.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!