What's new

Idle timeout

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Wolfen

Occasional Visitor
Would disabling idle timeout on my router help keep my Wemo switches from dropping connection? Restarting the router puts them back in service and not all of them drop. Is there any adverse effects to disabling idle time out? It is currently set at 20 minutes. Thanks for your help.

Maybe you might give us a hint as to what specifically this "idle timeout" refers to.

Knowing what router could also be helpful. Or are we expected to be clairvoyant?

If I knew what it referred to maybe I would not be asking the question. Thanks for your exceptional wisdom though.

@Wolfen if you're not even going to try to cooperate with giving people the information they ask for to help you, people who volunteer their time here, btw, why are you posting at all?

If I knew what it referred to maybe I would not be asking the question. Thanks for your exceptional wisdom though.

The point is, we can't answer your question when you don't even provide very basic information such as what router you are referring to. "Idle timeout" could refer to anything, from a screen saver to a disk going to sleep mode. We need some minimal context information.

I don’t know what it is. It is a setting in my router. I have an ASUS ax11000. It is among the settings in the web GUI and all it says is idle timeout. It was set at 20 min. I will gladly give what info I have. Just ask what was needed without the sarcasm. I understand you are donating your time and I appreciate it. A42BCD35-ADAE-46C6-80A1-F24363E441E5.jpeg

I have an ASUS ax11000.

Thank you. That is the information we were all missing.

The setting you refer to is only related to SSH and telnet sessions, which will close themselves after the idle timeout has expired. It has no relation to wifi.

Thank you. That is the information we were all missing.

The setting you refer to is only related to SSH and telnet sessions, which will close themselves after the idle timeout has expired. It has no relation to wifi.
Thank you for your help.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!