What's new

Improving performance of RT-N66U... what are my options?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Don't buy the AC87U without further research - the Quantenna stuff was leading edge technology when launched, but only used in the AC-87U, and not in the newer Asus range, and discussion seems to consume a disproportionate amount of bandwidth in the forums. I know my next router (after N66) will be a multi-core arm, but I do not yet have anything that needs AC, so will hang on as long as possible!

Don't buy the AC87U without further research - the Quantenna stuff was leading edge technology when launched, but only used in the AC-87U, and not in the newer Asus range, and discussion seems to consume a disproportionate amount of bandwidth in the forums. I know my next router (after N66) will be a multi-core arm, but I do not yet have anything that needs AC, so will hang on as long as possible!

Thanks. Yes. I'm seeing a lot of discussions around issues with AC-87U. A perfect mid range router seems to be the 68U but that can't me mounted on the wall. The AC3200 and others are just overkill for me.