What's new

Inconsistent speeds with moca 2.0

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

So i fixed the problem. I bought a wcb6200q extender and did a factory reset on my moca adapter that feeds the modem. I now am getting -18 power reduction and 250 down

And i was talking to another guy on reddit he told me the only way to get -27 power deduction is to have a dedicated coax that runs directly from adapter to adapter and adding any splitter will cause a it to go higher

Hey guys thank you for all your discussion, because I just received my ECB6200, the sames with the Telus logo, and wanted to know if I was up to speed, not having a laptop with a gigabit Ethernet card either !

In case anybody else comes in, you need to change you IP address to static 192.168.144.10 and point your web browser to http://192.168.144.30 to access the gui of the Actiontec.

I have a question for Bacala, I don't understand why the Extender helped you, is it because the extender is putting more mbps on the MoCA line ?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!