What's new

Installed Merlin for 1st time

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

iPrey06

Occasional Visitor
Two questions.

Where, and how do I get there, can I see individual clients (certain phones.. Computers etc) real time net usage?

Also..
In the client list.. Where can I see devices not currently connected? If not the client list.. Where?

Example.. Using the android app.. It has a dropdown of devices that arnt currently connected.

Thanks

Are you talking about the Asus app?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920AZ using Tapatalk

Yeah... I have a drop down list of Non connected devices in the Asus app.

But... while I'm on my computer... I don't see any such list or a way to look at devices not currently connected

Where can I find the "traffic manager per device"??

I must be looking over it on computer.

I looked under the traffic analyzer tab.. I find traffic monitor and statistics tab. Nothing that looks like the traffic manager per device as in the linked screenshots

Did you enable per device stats?

upload_2018-3-26_20-14-56.png

No.. Sure didn't.

But.. I just did.
Still nothing as far as "traffic per device"

Can you tell me what tab it is under..maybe looking in wrong place.

upload_2018-3-26_20-22-25.png

Great.. Found the per device monitor. Thanks!

Now..
Anyone know anything about the 2nd problem?

---------------
In the client list.. Where can I see devices not currently connected? If not the client list.. Where?

Example.. Using the android Asus app.. It has a dropdown of devices that ar not currently connected.

I may want to see/change something about a device when it is not connected.
Example.. A kid is at school and there phone is not Currently Connected.

Last edited:
Where can I see devices not currently connected? If not the client list.. Where?

Example.. Using the android Asus app.. It has a dropdown of devices that ar not currently connected.
I believe the offline clients are part of an internal data structure (see /www/client_functions.js) derived from ARP cache/DHCP/wireless driver etc. activity and only available to certain GUI menu drop-downs e.g. Parental Controls/Port forwarding/DHCP etc.
e.g.
upload_2018-3-27_13-36-42.png

although whilst clicking on 'x' immediately removes the associated entry from the displayed list, they are seemingly (bug?) not physically removed from the internal data structure.

I may want to see/change something about a device when it is not connected.
Not 100% sure of what info specifically you can't already derive from the GUI for the offline clients?

although whilst clicking on 'x' immediately removes the associated entry from the displayed list, they are seemingly (bug?) not physically removed from the internal data structure.

I think I saw a mention of a fix relative to this in a recent Asus release.

Example...

I disable connectivity for a device.

That device sometimes will go offline... Not appearing in the list of devices.

I would like a drop down, or something, of offline devices so I can re-enable their connectivity.

I had the problem on my previous GT 5300 where this happened.. I couldn't enable the device again cause it would not show up as connected.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk