What's new

Instant Guard - traffic is not going through established vpn tunel until...

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Alipasijaner

New Around Here
Hello,

I'm trying to use Instant Guard to remotely access the internet through my home router. Through an invitation via the Instant Guard application on my phone, I added my wife's phone as a guest, and I can connect seamlessly to my home router. When I check through the Instant Guard application or the router, I can see that I am connected to the "Instant Guard server" of my router. However, when I check the IP address of my wife's phone, with which I am connected to the home router through Instant Guard, using https://www.whatismyip.com/, I notice that the traffic is not going through the address of my home router but rather the telecom provider's address, as I am currently connected to the internet via 4G for testing purposes.

It's only when I, as an administrator through the Instant Guard application, enable the option for the guest user to access the intranet or local network, and then check the IP address of the phone connected through Instant Guard, that I see I have received the IP address of my home router. This indicates that the VPN tunnel goes through my home router only when I enable intranet access for the guest user. Do you have any ideas why this is happening? The router is AX11000.

Thank you in advance.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!