What's new

Intel 633AN.HMWWB versus 633AN.HMWG

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

vinnie97

Occasional Visitor
Intel 633AN.HMWWB versus 633AN.HMWG (resolved)

One of these is the card used in the thorough testing on this site, but I am trying to differentiate the differences between both of these devices that appear when using "Intel Ultimate-N 6300" as the query on Froogle. Is there a significant difference? I'm considering grabbing one with the HMWWB extension from SuperBiiz in use my laptop (to replace the dinky Realtek PCI-E NIC there now): https://www.superbiiz.com/desc.php?name=INT-633AN

EDIT: Well, I Googled, only to find the differences are academic. It's the same product.

Last edited:
EDIT: Well, I Googled, only to find the differences are academic. It's the same product.
Yep. The only thing I found is that the WWB version is "vPro enabled". So it might have some power management modes that vPro systems can access.

Well, that's trivial enuff, thanks. I grabbed it with a $5 off coupon for $29 (including shipping), and now it's OOS. I guess the AC product will be due any day now. ;)

So I installed this guy, but I noticed that since my laptop was only equipped to handle the standard 2.4GHz radio, I have a shortage of one antenna connection for the configuration on the Intel 6300. For now, I simply connected the leads to 1 and 3 and left the middle socket disconnected. Adding a third antenna would probably require more work than I am willing to engage (getting all the way down to the motherboard's laptop). I suppose I'll just see less throughput than is theoretically possible. I don't notice any connection difficulties yet.