What's new

Intel WIFI 7 BE200 Adapters $20 3-5gbps

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Wi-Fi 6 was promising 9.6Gbps. What happened?

Wi-Fi 6 was promising 9.6Gbps. What happened?

Actually there was someone on here showing a 9600 link rate a while back I think. It was some obscure AP and client card. Of course they were asking why there were getting nowhere near that.....

From what I recall it was an AP that could either do 4 streams OR 160mhz channels, but the client was seeing 9600 capability, even though it wasn't actually capable of that. Or maybe it was a 4800 link rate. Either way obviously it wasn't actually capable of that.

Wi-Fi 6 supports 8-streams 160MHz 1024-QAM. Have you seen something like this? I've seen one Cisco AP model with 8-stream radio, need to find what it was exactly, but remember like $2500 price per unit. A link between 2x such APs in $5000 experiment may produce 9.6Gbps, eventually.

Wi-Fi 6 supports 8-streams 160MHz 1024-QAM. Have you seen something like this?

Seen it in reality? No. Like I said it was a limitation of their wifi scanner app seeing certain advertised capabilities and incorrectly assuming they were all active. In reality it was only 2 stream 160 or 4 stream 80 so 2400 link rate or whatever that equates to (and obviously lower actual throughput).

A link between 2x such APs in $5000 experiment may produce 9.6Gbps, eventually.

9.6 link rate but not throughput :)

9.6 link rate but not throughput

You know, I know. AX11000 and BE24000 though. This is what the marketing says. Wait for 24Gbps from a home router, coming soon...

You know, I know. AX11000 and BE24000 though. This is what the marketing says. Wait for 24Gbps from a home router, coming soon...

Verizon's 40ghz mmwave antennas will have killed us all long before we see that performance.

Yes, just like trains were so dangerous to female reproductive systems too back in the stone ages. Lol...

Listen I'm no tinfoil hat guy but there is plenty of hard proof that RF causes cells to divide and even mutate. The higher the frequency, the more it happens. Sure wireless is much lower power than those tests, but lower power over a constant, long period of time, I have no difficulty believing that part of the reason cancer rates are higher now than in the past is due to all the RF we're exposed to.

But it is a reality that isn't going to change so no use worrying about it (plus there are plenty of other things killing us slowly). The cellular companies have done a great job of squashing those studies whenever they come out anyway.

At least I'll be able to stream 128K resolution movies from my hospital bed.

At least I'm not claiming that 5G causes COVID 😄

And just because something is observed, it isn't necessarily bad.

Some people would call mutated cells Darwinism, evolution, or survival of the fittest.

Some people!

And just because something is observed, it isn't necessarily bad.

Some people would call mutated cells Darwinism, evolution, or survival of the fittest.

Some people!

Well I do believe in evolution so I can only hope that in 1000 years everyone will be born equipped with a wifi card and antennas. In all seriousness, it could actually lead to people with RF resistant skin or cells, potentially even resistant to cancer (or certain types).

Ha who am I kidding, we'll be wiped out in 1000 years.

Waiting for the eventual post " Help My Brain WiFi Been Hacked By My Neighbor Again? ".

Hm, few very attractive neighbors around here, that could be a whole new level of entertainment. Wonder what OS and programming language the brain uses.

Well I do believe in evolution so I can only hope that in 1000 years everyone will be born equipped with a wifi card and antennas. In all seriousness, it could actually lead to people with RF resistant skin or cells, potentially even resistant to cancer (or certain types).

Ha who am I kidding, we'll be wiped out in 1000 years.
Nope. It has been started already. You can register now. We are expecting your review.😁

Register here.

Waiting for the eventual post " Help My Brain WiFi Been Has Hacked By My Neighbor Again? ".
@L&LD Science :rolleyes:
We already have one. Don't you remember?

Wi-Fi 6 supports 8-streams 160MHz 1024-QAM. Have you seen something like this? I've seen one Cisco AP model with 8-stream radio, need to find what it was exactly, but remember like $2500 price per unit. A link between 2x such APs in $5000 experiment may produce 9.6Gbps, eventually.
Cisco Catalyst 9130 and 9136, Meraki MR56, Ruckus R730 and Aruba 550 does 8x8:8 in 5GHz. Probably several others as well. But i don't know of any 802.11ax clients that support more than 2x2:2

Aruba only does 4x4:4 HE160 or 8x8:8 HE80. Ruckus looks like only 80Mhz as well.
Cisco: PHY data rates up to 10.2 Gbps (4x4 160 MHz on 6 GHz, 8x8 80 MHz on 5-GHz)

Last edited:
Cisco Catalyst 9130 and 9136, Meraki MR56, Ruckus R730 and Aruba 550 does 8x8:8 in 5GHz. Probably several others as well. But i don't know of any 802.11ax clients that support more than 2x2:2

There are 4 stream clients but mostly PCI and USB external ones. Not likely to find in a laptop or phone (though I'm sure there are some very high end expensive laptops that have incorporated something).

Doubtful. The M2 has limited real estate vs the older half mini. They could expand the footprint of the pcb though and add more antennas. There are some 5G modems that have 2/4/6/8 antennas available. Problem is Intel dominates the AX field when it comes to client adapters.

Doubtful. The M2 has limited real estate vs the older half mini. They could expand the footprint of the pcb though and add more antennas. There are some 5G modems that have 2/4/6/8 antennas available. Problem is Intel dominates the AX field when it comes to client adapters.

M.2 3030 has plenty of room, just not really used yet. I'm sure someone like Asus will have a 4 or even 8 antenna ROG laptop to rip off gamers with at some point.

Asus will have a 4 or even 8 antenna ROG laptop to rip off gamers with at some point.
Probably.

Disappointing to not see more options when it comes to the modules still a couple of years into things with AX. I miss my internal AP using Qualcomm chips. Maybe BE will ramp things up again.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!