What's new

Internet dropping on AC1200G+

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

banger

Was just downloading Windows 10 ISO on my wired PC and it got to 23% then stopped. Looked in the log and it said serial link lost but my modem is still up so no DSL disconnection just lost the PPP session when downloading at 60mbits.

Is this a firmware problem as it seems fairly random as I can repeat the download and the whole download will finish without interruption. Any workarounds? Have reported to Asus TS but they seem to want to fob me off with an explanation on previous contact.

Was just downloading Windows 10 ISO on my wired PC and it got to 23% then stopped. Looked in the log and it said serial link lost but my modem is still up so no DSL disconnection just lost the PPP session when downloading at 60mbits.

Is this a firmware problem as it seems fairly random as I can repeat the download and the whole download will finish without interruption. Any workarounds? Have reported to Asus TS but they seem to want to fob me off with an explanation on previous contact.

I'd suspect a data-stressed DSL/twisted-pair connection glitch.

OE

I have managed to test it and it happens on a 1gig file but then you can repeat the 1 gig file and it is fine and connection stays up. I have changed the internet detection to DNS Probe, 2 and this means at least it reconnects quickly.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!