What's new

Internet/WLAN speeds capping at 100Mbps. LAN speeds at near gigabit. EAP225v 3

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Blaze9

New Around Here
Hey all,

I just setup 4x of the EAP 225v3 across my network to replace some old Unifi APs. I'm having some trouble getting full AC speeds on these guys. My LAN is full CAT5e/6, with 3APs connected via CAT6 and one with CAT5e.

Both 2.4 and 5Ghz are active. I've limited 5Ghz to AC on channel 44 so I know that my computers will use AC and not N. Upon checking the machines I do see that it's connected to the 5Ghz network using AC. Trying to do a network transfer via Wifi I'm getting only 80-100Mbps, while LAN transfers go at nearly a gig/s which is expected. So it is not a limitation of either the local server, local machine, or router.

All of the APs should be getting more than 80Mbps correct? Or am I mistaken by what the APs should be doing? Can I get some help with setting this up if this is the case?

Thanks!!

I solved it. I was using the old POE Injectors from my old Unifi UAP (100Mb ports). Swapped in the provided POEs and we're good to go.

I solved it. I was using the old POE Injectors from my old Unifi UAP (100Mb ports). Swapped in the provided POEs and we're good to go.

that'll do it - not sure what the troubleshooting procedure was, but it makes total sense ;)

Blaze9, Question on WiFi roaming in your setup.

I have one EAP225V3 in my network along with two Asus routers running Merlin, with one set up as an AP and a RT-68 as the network router/3rd AP. I see the latest firmware on the EAP225 supports fast roaming and I'm thinking of going all EAP225 for APs to get it. I'm wondering if you have devices that can use it and if so, how do they perform?

I'm trying to cure call loss due to handoff when doing a VoLTE call or WiFi call via Hangouts, etc, while moving around my house. Have you tested this scenario and what were your results?? My Galaxy S8 does support fast roaming.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!