What's new

iOS Apps suddenly asking for more permissions after installing Diversion and Skynet

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Chewy4

New Around Here
I recently installed/configured amtm, Diversion, and Skynet on my RT-AX86S as well as added a USB drive to use as a swap file.

Since then, every single app on my iPhone that uses internet has asked for permission to connect to local devices on my network.

The message on my phone is "[AppName] would like to find and connect to devices on your local network". Usually with the default subtext of "This app will be able to discover and connect to devices on the networks you use."

The apps seem to still work if I decline permissions - but is this removing any sort of ad blocking functionality? What is triggering this?

I get that on my iphone and its usually for a new app, or when you reset your network settings. Did you reset any iphone settings recently?

I recently installed/configured amtm, Diversion, and Skynet on my RT-AX86S as well as added a USB drive to use as a swap file.

Since then, every single app on my iPhone that uses internet has asked for permission to connect to local devices on my network.

The message on my phone is "[AppName] would like to find and connect to devices on your local network". Usually with the default subtext of "This app will be able to discover and connect to devices on the networks you use."

The apps seem to still work if I decline permissions - but is this removing any sort of ad blocking functionality? What is triggering this?
I always just say no, doesn’t appear to break anything.

I’m going to guess you also enabled Pixelserv-tls in Diversion and these apps need access to the LAN to reach the local Pixelserv IP you configured during setup.

Using Diversion Lite would avoid this, if my speculation is correct.

I get that on my iphone and its usually for a new app, or when you reset your network settings. Did you reset any iphone settings recently?

Nope - no recent updates or setting changes on my phone. Started happening immediately after I updated my router.

I’m going to guess you also enabled Pixelserv-tls in Diversion and these apps need access to the LAN to reach the local Pixelserv IP you configured during setup.

Using Diversion Lite would avoid this, if my speculation is correct.
This would make the most sense! Yes I did - just did not put 2 and 2 together; I guess apps would need access to that x.x.x.2 IP and it would be seen as a network device.

I found an app with ads that I still hadn't declined this permission - seems to still block ads with it declined.